I’m craving coconut all the time. I’ve always loved coconut-themed desserts but lately I can’t help but daydreaming about coconut in all my waking hours. Before making today’s dessert, I had been looking everywhere on the internet to find the right recipe. It wasn’t easy. My favourite dessert bloggers do not offer anything on coconut to my taste, so I had to find other sources. That’s when I came across a recipe on Pinterest. I had basically ignored the existence of this community before, claiming that I didn’t need another thing to waste my precious time with. I have enough of that kind of addictions already…but then…it’s so pretty and user-friendly… and quite addictive. It’s still under control though…
It was exactly the recipe I was looking for! We practically devoured it in 24 hours. I’m currently looking for my next coco dessert. Maybe something with heavenly chocolate.
Recipe from Spiced.
Please head to the original for more info.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for garnishing
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1-1.5 lemons)
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (180 C)
2. Mix flour and powdered sugar with melted butter. Press into the bottom of an 8-inch square greased pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. (180 C)
4. Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients (sugar, baking powder, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and coconut).
5. After 20 minutes, remove crust from the oven and pour the lemon mixture on top. Bake for another 25 minutes.
6. Chill, and garnish with powdered sugar just before serving.